Front of House Manager, GTA
Are you Jack's material?
When you think of the perfect place for a career, do you think of:
A) Fun and fast paced
B) Room for advancement
C) Meeting new people
If you answered A, B, or C, you are just the kind of fun, ambitious, outgoing person we are looking for at Jack's!
At Jack's its all about personality. Yes, we're all about a delicious menu and fantastic beverages, but more than that we own fun. Yep, our team is more than our co-workers, they're our peeps. Whatever role we hold in the restaurants, we are there for each other. Jack's is about being ourselves and having fun - and when we have fun our Guests have fun too. The point is if you're friendly, fun, and maybe a little crazy then you'll fit right in and the possibilities for your career are endless.
And we will prepare and support you for success in your role by putting you in an environment that has the highest of standards and with a team of people who share a positive attitude and winning mindset.
Career Opportunity: Front of House Manager - Jack Astor's (GTA)
As a Front of House Manager we:
- Work alongside the General Manager to lead our peeps to provide the highest quality standards for food, a guest experience that is outstanding, and service that is memorable.
- Develop leadership skills under the mentorship of the GM and in turn coach and lead our peeps to help to ensure they receive great training and support.
- Learn and manage the financials, and work to achieve and exceed established goals.
- Live and teach Jacks' Values and Promises.
- Use strong time management skills and attention to detail to complete our jobs.
- Spread the enthusiasm and energy among all of our peeps!
As a member of the team we get:
- To build a career within a corporate, not franchised, multi-branded Canadian organization that is growing, gaining momentum and is poised to win.
- To be part of an environment that is small enough for each person to have an impact, but large enough to have stability and structure.
To be successful, we look for the following:
- 1-3years previous restaurant management/supervisory experience in a comparable restaurant environment.
- Communication is key, so you'll need to speak and write English well.
- Comfortable using computers and learning new software.
- You'll be managing sales goals, inventory, cash and other stuff that requires good math and analytical skills.
- Previous scheduling experience and Smart Serve Certification is an asset.
Due to the number of applications received, only candidates selected for the next phase of the recruitment process will be contacted.
(Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered)
|Posted on||Dec 11, 2013|
|Location(s)||GTA Central, Ontario|
|Career level||Management (supervisor)|
|More details (document)|